Manager George Shields made one change from the team that crashed out of the GA Engineering Cup last week to East Craigie, bringing in Dougie Cameron for new signing Logan Davie.

The home side started well with Scott Webster finding Reece Ritchie, whose cross just eluded Connor Birse.

But the warning signs were there when Bo’ness were awarded a corner. Left back Connor Gillespie went over to the right to take it and his outswinger found Ross Campbell totally unmarked in the Lochee box. Fortunately for the Bluebells Campbell headed wide.

Another Bo’ness raid was thwarted by Danny Millar who put in a superb tackle to stop Ryan Miller after the striker had been put in by Matty Wright.

The visitors, though, went ahead on 20 minutes when their TRIALIST centre half rose unchallenged to head home another Gillespie corner.

Ritchie had a chance to score a quick equaliser but keeper Alex Marshall saved with his legs.

The game was a tight affair but the energetic visiting forwards were giving the Lochee back line plenty to think about.

At the other end Stephen McNally found Greg Kirk and his cross for Birse was deflected back into the safe arms of his keeper by the BUs’ trialist.

The Thomson Park side mounted a late surge to try to go in at half time on level terms and Bryan Deasley, Paul Lunan and Cameron all had efforts on goal.

Bo’ness started the second half on the front foot and Mark Fotheringham had to be smart to cut out a Gillespie cross.

Just 12 minutes in there was a clash of heads between McNally and Gillespie and both players had to be substituted, Paddy Deane and Fraser Keast the replacements.

On 65 minutes Bo’ness brought on Jack Wilson for Wright but it was a double substitution for Lochee that turned the game in their favour, Grant Lawson and Scott McComiskie replacing Deasley and Craig Smith.

The home side had their tails up now and three minutes later there was a penalty claim when Birse went down in the box but nothing was given.

Lochee had better luck on 75 minutes when McComiskie went down right on the edge of the penalty area and a spot kick was awarded. This caused fury on the Bo’ness bench and the visitors’ coach was dismissed.

None of that fazed CAMERON as he calmly stepped up and sent the ball into the bottom corner.

Bo’ness were rattled at that stage and Lochee piled on the pressure. Deane went close with a shot deflected past for a corner and then headed just wide from Lawson’s corner kick.

Just as it looked as though the goal might come at one end, it came at the other. Fonzy had just made a terrific save from Campbell but couldn’t do anything about a deep cross from Keast that found SHIRRA racing in at the back post. 2-1 to the visitors.

Two minutes from the end of normal time Bo’ness wrapped up the points. In similar fashion, substitute Wilson squared the ball across the face of the Lochee goal for Miller to ram home the third.

Although visitors Bo’ness appeared in fluorescent orange strips that looked like part of a road safety campaign, they certainly knew the road to goal and, in the end, deserved their win against a disappointing Bluebells side.

FT: Lochee United 1 Bo’ness United 3

Lochee Utd: Fotheringham, McNally (Deane 57), Millar, Lunan, Kirk, Cameron, Webster, Ritchie, Smith (Lawson 65), Birse, Deasley (McComiskie 65).

Bo’ness Utd: Marshall, Snowdon, Gillespie (Keast 60), Campbell, Trialist, Shirra, Jacobs, Gemmell, Miller, Scott, Wright (Wilson 65).

Written on 14 October 2017