3 points head to Lochee

Lochee United started brightly and should have taken the lead when a kirk header was cleared off the line from a corner kick. Camelon themselves should have opened the scoring as thier striker was through on goal but the shot was saved by fotheringham. Birse was causing their defenders problems with his movement and had a great chance with a header which was saved by the keeper. Lochee United started appying the pressure and McCommiskies header flew wide. Camelon thought the had opened the scoring. A free kick into the box was headed back across the goal and their striker smashed it passed fotheringham from 6 yards but he was deemed to be offside. With minutes of the first half remaining lochee took the lead. Nice play by Cameron and McInally evntually lead to the ball being swung into the box and a delightful finish by Birse gave lochee as deserved lead. Camelon had 1 final chance before half time when a defelected shot was saved by fotheringham.

Camelon started the second half brightly with not really causing many problems.The lochee defence stood up to everything thrown at them. Lochee united themselves had the the best chance in the second half when lawson was through on goal and really should have made it two nil but the keeper seen what he had wanted to do. Deasley then tried his luck with a shot which was saved and the keeper eventually gathered it with his second attempt. Camelon were still trying to find this equaliser and a fantastic block by millar kept them out. They did minutes later when a quick attack caught out the lochee defence and the camelon striker blasted the ball past fotheringham from the edge of the box. With the clock ticking down it was both teams going for it. Then a moment of magic, lochee united were awarded a free kick and mccomiskie shot flew into the back off the net to give them the lead. Four minutes later a through ball by ritchie to birse put him through on goal to seal the points and score lochee's third.

Written on 17 September 2017