Tayport 0 Lochee United 2

The Bluebells comfortably took the points against the Fifers with a goal in each half from full/wing backs Scott Webster and Stephen McNally.

The visitors threatened several times in the opening minutes. A Dougie Cameron free kick was met at the back post by Webster whose shot flashed across the face of goal.

Garry Kenneth actually had the ball in the net in the sixth minute from McNally’s free kick but the lino’s flag ruled the goal offside.

The opener was only delayed two minutes however. Craig Smith and McNally provided the service to Grant Lawson who crossed to the far post for WEBSTER who guided the ball into the net.

Tayport’s reply consisted of long balls up to striker Dayle Robertson but he was finding it tough against centre backs Kenneth and James Thomson.

Lochee had the ball in the net again on 25 minutes. Smith’s cross from the right found Reece Ritchie who prodded the ball towards goal. It looked to be going wide but Scott McComiskie got a touch to send it into the goal, but again the lino’s flag went up.

McComiskie had another chance on the half hour mark but his shot was saved by the feet of Tayport keeper Jack Shaw.

For all their domination the visitors couldn’t add to their solitary goal.

That changed within the first couple of minutes into the second half. Thomson twice sent crosses into the home side’s box which were cleared but the second clearance went straight to McNALLY who looped the ball over the head of Shaw to double Lochee’s lead.

On the hour mark McComiskie had a chance to add to the scoreline but Shaw pulled off a decent save to deny the striker.

On 65 minutes Kieran McWalter replaced Garry Kenneth with Smith going back into defence and Lawson moving to partner McComiskie up front.

The Bluebells seemed to lose impetus after this and Tayport began to come more into the game without actually troubling Mark Stewart in the visitors’ goal.

They did get the ball in the Lochee net, though, on 76 minutes. From a corner the ball was headed goalwards and it looked a certain score until Jamie Mackie got his head to it. If he’d left it the goal would probably have stood but Mackie’s final touch was offside.

In the final minute there were chances for both sides. Greg Kirk had a header saved at the near post and, at the other end, Tayport sub Steven Harris saw his fierce drive parried by Lochee keeper Stewart.

Tayport: Shaw, Rollo (O’Brien 70), Sturrock, Mackie, Conway, Suttie, Gill (Harris 70), Duffy (Anderson 81), Robertson, Chalmers, Liversedge.

Lochee United: Stewart, Webster, Thomson, Kenneth (McWalter 65), Kirk, Cameron, Ritchie, Lawson, McNally, Smith, McComiskie.

Written on 17 November 2018